You took a smarter decision of buying a range extender. Now, you have to set it up on your own. Don’t worry it’s not a big deal; you can do it easily if you do it with that same excitement when you bought your brand new device. Netgear WiFi Range Extender Setup is done only when you locate your existing router within the range of your new device (20-30 feet). Then you have to plug both of your devices into a power socket and wait until the lights turn solid green. Also, keep this point in mind that if your devices are even slightly heated, we would suggest you do not proceed until they get completely cool.
What do the LEDs on your devices indicate?
- Green- Most excellent Connection
- Amber- Excellent Connection
- Red- Worst Connection
- Off- No Connection (disable)
- Solid Green- High-quality Connection
- Amber Blue- Fine Connection
- Solid Red- Deprived Connection
- Disable- Off
- Solid Amber- Good quality Connection
- Solid Green- Superior Connection
- No LEDs (Off)- Disable
Main LED (WPS):-
- Solid Green- WiFi safety is on
- Blinking Green- In progress
- Amber- Superior Connection
- Disable (Off)- No connection
WiFi Sheltered Setup: Enable Security
- Connect your range extender and the router with the help of an Ethernet Cable.
- Press and hold the WPS button on both the devices for 20 seconds. Apply this process to one device and in the gap of two minutes, relate the same process on another.
- Now, grab your computer and with the help of another Ethernet cable, connect your range extender with it.
Netgear Genie Setup: Dealing with range extender
Once you have connected your devices with each other, open a web browser and log in into Netgear Genie Setup by typing mywifiext into the address bar. After that, you are supposed to fill the username and password into the below empty fields. Fill the two by default and proceed further. In case you don’t have those details, do not panic just seek the advice of an IT executive or you can also ask your Internet Service Provider to help you out with the same.
Once you got them, just rush and keep stick with the positive responses appears before you and asking for a single click on it. Do not redirect or go back until it asks you to click finish. The words finish is related to the biggest success that you have achieved in the process of your installation.
Things to avoid and what to follow:
- After your process of installation comes to an end, move the extender to its intended place. But avoid interference of range limit. The difference should not go beyond 30 feet.
- Keep all your devices updated and set them free in a cool but dry place.
- Don’t make use of that adapter and Ethernet cable that is in poor condition.
- Do not enable WiFi when the process of installation is going on.
- Turn off all the metal appliances.
- Gives up to Gigabits speed without any signal breakage that follows each and every step of yours at every inch from door front to backyard.
- Setup a limit for Parental control as well as Guest access and avoid your network from hacking.
- Always keep you updated, when intruder ever tries to enter in your WiFi range.
- Easily make a relationship with all your devices and always make them up and running.
We are here to share our valuable views with users in order to get them rid of annoying troubleshooting situation. If you have any question regarding the same or any, do let us know in the comment box given below. We will be fortunate to help you.