In the manufacturing industry, CNC plasma cutting machine is an important tool. There was a time when plasma cutter could only cut materials that can conduct electricity but now the technology has become advanced to an extent that it can cut almost any material you may imagine under the sun. We now have high-tech CNC plasma cutters that use different sorts of mechanism for the creation of correct angling and plasma arc. If you are creative, you can even cut stainless steel to create flowers and showpieces for home. They can make highly decorative stairway railings sure to draw the attention. You may just use the cutter like the pencil to cut the metal sheet in the way you want. Make sure you draw the design beforehand on the metal sheets to get precise and accurate results.
To get the best CNC plasma cutting machine, you have to follow a few important tips. Price is an important factor here but you need to spend some money if you wish to buy the best plasma cutting machine. Do not go for cheap rates as the quality might not be high. Learn about the metals the plasma cutter can cut through. They may be gold, silver, copper, stainless steel, and fabricated steel. The plasma cutter is super-fast and passes the stream at 50,000 degree Celsius. No metal can ever resist that kind of temperature and swiftness. Whether it is making planes, automobiles, ships, or skyscrapers, CNC plasma cutting machine is required everywhere. If you want to attain much more precision, you may use automated plasma cutter.
Some Basic Tips To Consider When Buying Plasma Cutter
- What is the cutting thickness of your chosen CNC plasma cutter? This is the most important factor you need to consider. The price of plasma cutter varies according to the thicknesses it can handle. Take into account your needs before choosing plasma cutter. Portable plasma cutter or gantry cutter can cut metals between 2mm and 16 mm. If it is gantry cutter, it can even cut thicknesses above 25mm.
- What is the cutting material? You already know that most of the plasma cutters can cut stainless steel and various alloy materials. Some machines can also cut carbon steel. So, consider the material which needs to be cut before making any choice.
- Learn what you have to cut. The size of the plate to be cut is an important consideration here. Know one thing that every plasma cutter is meant to cut certain sizes of plates. If the plate size is more, you need a larger machine. The choice of the machine is also dependent on the thickness of the metal to be cut. Steel service centers and production shops have to cut 2-3 plates simultaneously and for this you need to buy a powerful plasma cutter. Look for longer rails in the cutter so that it covers multiple plates.
- What is the arrangement of the cutter working area? Most of the plasma cutting machines have only one working area which implies that it is big enough to cover one plate at a time. For small shops, the plasma cutter with single working area is suitable.
- There are certain cutting tools required when you use the plasma cutting machine. Considering the tools required for cutting may also help to arrive a suitable choice. If you have to use more and more tools for cutting, look for a wider cutting surface.
Similar to the factors mentioned above, there can be several other tips to choosing the right plasma cutting machine. Do not ignore software when choosing plasma cutter. It must have software nesting capacity or else you have to generate your own code. Have a closer look at the features of the machine and compare that to your needs.