With the advent of latest digital device models, storage requirements are also getting extended due to unlimited downloads of images, HD images, etc. from internet and video recording storage all the time. Therefore, SD cards have become the most convenient mode for portable data storage devices.
SD cards are the primary source that makes the storage, portable in various devices such as smartphones, tablets, digital cameras, and many other devices. However, users might also encounter certain issues with SD cards about the inaccessibility of data.
When these portable cards get corrupt, formatted or damaged, all the stored photos, videos, and other files simply disappear. Usually, this situation initiates with an error message. If not handled properly, it can leave you in a permanent data loss situation which causes difficulty in SD card recovery.
You can talk to our representatives at Taking it Mobile, or know more about us on our website. We also offer hard disk recovery services in Toronto.
You will be unable to do anything with your camera as a black screen appears along with an error message ‘SD card is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.’
Here are few symptoms your SD Card got corrupt
- Most of the photos on your SD cards is missing.
- When you try to read the SD card through a system, no folder appears, or all the folders do not open and show error messages, ‘Read / Write error on SD card’ that indicates that it cannot read from the device.
- You are getting error messages saying that ‘memory card error’ or ‘corrupt memory card’ while trying to access your precious photos or videos stored on the card.
- You can see the contents of your SD card in your camera as well as in your system, but unable to copy these contents and get an error message that disk is “write-protected.”
- Your SD card is recognized by your PC, but you are unable to see any stored photo or video, and it shows the message ‘SD card is not formatted do you want to format it now.’
Whenever your SD card gets corrupt, there is no guarantee that you will always recover your data back. In the case of physical damage, you may not be able to repair it, but a software error can be tackled in some simple ways.
Tackling Software Error
Determine the type of your SD card; then it may require an SDHC device to read it. At times, some devices like readers and cameras may need software download to read the SDHC cards. Therefore, go to the device manufacturer’s website and find out whether such an upgrade is needed or not.
- You can connect SD card to other device
- Try “chkdsk” command
- Assign new drive letter
- Use sandisk inbuilt solution
- Format SD card
- Reinstall the driver
- If none of the above tricks worked, call data recovery company Toronto.
Memory cards have a limited number of lifespan, for example, a flash card unit has approximately 10,000 write/erase operations, due to which after certain cycles the chances of corruption increases. Therefore, it is better not to use SD card that has frequently been used for several years.