Punjab is a popular tourist destination in India. It is the largest state in India to have many attractions to offer its visitors. The Amritsar is the spiritual city and cultural center of the Sikh religion. It is one of the most divine pilgrim spots for Sikhs. It is the pride and soul of the Sikhs. The city of Amritsar holds sheer religious importance for the Hindus also as it is believed that it was the place where Goddess Sita, the consort of Lord Rama, gave birth to twins Lava and Kusha. It has been a center of attraction among Indians as well as foreign travelers since ages. You can select best tour and travel agency that provide the exclusive range of Amritsar tour package for spending the lovely holiday with your family members, friends or partner including attractive discounts to explore all tourist places at the lowest price.
Explore the sightseeing, cuisines, and market of the Amritsar
- The best place to visit in Amritsar
- Wagah Border- It is one of the most visited places among the Indian tourists. It is the only road border crossing between India and Pakistan and located at a distance of around 30 km from the Golden Temple.
- Jalianwala Bagh- It is located within a distance of one kilometer from the Golden Temple. It is the famous public ground where the shocking act of public massacre was done by the British Army.
- Durgiana Temple- It is the significant Hindu temple in Amritsar looks like a replica of the same.
- Tarn Taran- It is a Sikh pilgrimage site in the Tarn Taran District of Punjab.
- Durgiana Mandir- It is a beautiful temple dedicated to Goddess Durga. Apart from the main shrine of Goddess Durga, the temple complex also houses the temples dedicated to Bhairon and Lord Hanuman.
- Mouth watering food available in Amritsar
You must try free langar that is served at all Sikh gurudwaras. Meal in the langar is vegetarian usually consist of rotes, rice, daal, a vegetable dish, and kheer. A large variety of street food is also available in Amritsar. You can also try the local restaurants where tasty meals are served at the affordable prices to all the tourists.
- The most popular shopping market in Amritsar
- Hall Bazaar- You can get a variety of jewelry, books, Pakistani jootis, and handicraft items like phulkari and readymade garments that are available here in plenty.
- Guru Bazaar- It is widely known for the collection of and silver ornaments.
- Katra Jaimal Singh Market- This market is situated close to Hall bazaar and has profuse of textiles, like saris, pashminas, marvelous beaded dresses, men’s wedding dresses and attractive boxed shirt and tie set with quasi-designer names.
You need to explore the beauty of Amritsar. Book the Amritsar tour packages from the tour and travel agency that offers the top-notch facilities with the traditional Indian hospitality. The scenic beauty of the city cannot be described in words.