Are you planning a trip to Myanmar? If yes, do not miss to savor its authentic cuisine. While you are surely going to pay a visit to all the prominent tourist attractions and indulge in the exhilarating activities, your journey would not really be complete unless you gulp down the famous and mouthwatering dishes of this Southeast Asian nation.
Although Burmese cuisine is noted for being a harmonious amalgamation of the flavors of Thailand, China, and India, it has somehow managed to retain its distinctiveness. Being a country of multi-ethnic diversity, we can fairly conclude that the foods found in Myanmar vary from one region to another. Starting from delectable salads to delicious curries, this travel destination could thoroughly surprise all.
In the following write-up, I have chalked down the names of top-most dishes when on a Myanmar tour. Please do buy some time and take a close look at the below-mentioned pointers.
- Shan Style rice is an exclusive version of fried rice that is cooked with fish and various herbs. The dish is generally served with leek roots, garlic, or fried pork chops that add an extra crunch. This tantalizing preparation is extremely famous all over the country.
- Individuals on their travel to Myanmar must try Mohinga, which is considered the national dish of the country. The rice noodle soup topped with crispy fritters is generally eaten for breakfast. There are diverse roadside stalls where you can find this dish.
- Laphet Thohk is a tasty salad made up of tea leaves, diced tomatoes, shredded cabbage, fried peas, nuts, and beans- all mixed together with chilies, oil, and lime. This extremely simple preparation could tickle your fancy and tantalize your appetite successfully.
- Nangyi Thoke is dried noodles cooked with fish cakes, chicken pieces, and bean sprouts. Often the dish is topped with an egg poach and dressed with chili oil and turmeric. This finger licking dish can simply melt your heart.
- Burmese Thali is a platter offering an assortment of fried rice, curries, vegetables, soups, and chutneys. It is served in almost all the top-notch restaurants of Myanmar and is of extremely optimal quality.
- Buthi Kyaw is also quite famous and is generally served as snack. Here a batter is prepared with rice flour, garlic, ginger, chili, and water. Gourds cut in the shape of fingers are dipped in the batter and then deep-fried. This dish could also be made with onions and potatoes.
The aforementioned six pointers are names of dishes that you must try when on a Myanmar trip. While you can obviously opt for independent tours, it is better to seek professional assistance so that your journey could be hassle-free and enjoyable. Most of the well-known travel agencies located here are known for arranging exceptional culinary tours that would let travelers enjoy dishes of the varied regions of Myanmar.