Airtel is the world’s third largest telecommunication service provider owned by Bharti Airtel. Airtel is providing its services in 18 countries including Africa and South Asia. Airtel was founded on 7 July 1995 in New Delhi, India by its founder Sunil Bharti Mittal. Key people of Airtel includes its CEO Gopal Vittal and Chairman Sunil Mittal. Airtel provides a number of telecommunication services according to the country of operation.
Various types of services provided by Airtel includes mobile phone, fixed line, wireless, digital television, satellite television, IPTV, internet television and a number of more services and products. In India, Airtel is known for their best network coverage across the country. Business strategy of Airtel is adopted by many telecom providers as Airtel is outsourcing its business except some. All the hardware products of Airtel are handled by Huawei, Ericsson and Nokia Solutions.
Airtel is best known for its customer support also. A number of customer care representatives are selected every month to give the best support to their customers. If the customers of facing any type of problem in the services provided by Airtel, then they can talk to the customer service representatives of Airtel at Airtel customer care toll-free number. Everyone knows about Airtel and its services, but there are some less known and interesting facts about Bharti Airtel that might everyone not heard about. Check out these facts below.
- Airtel is using highest frequency range in India as compared to other telecom companies. Spectrum owned by Airtel India are 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz and 2300 MHz. These frequency bands provide the highest data speed across the country.
- Airtel becomes the first operator in India to launch 4G LTE services with a mind-blowing internet speed.
- Airtel is the India’s largest and world’s third largest mobile operator. As it is started in 1995 and within a short interval of time it maintains the highest position in the market within the nation and outside also.
- Airtel in the only one operator who manages to get all the awards in the line such as best marketing, quality and customer support awards etc. No other company won the prizes yet in India.
- Airtel is not only dealing in telecommunication services, but also something unique like Airtel Money, Hike and Wynk Music app. All of these services are just a foresee of the future for Airtel.
- It is the only company which outsources all the business expect some such as sales, marketing and finance.
- The first ever product launched by Airtel was push button telephone set incorporation with Siemens AG. After that in 1990s, Airtel launches cordless phones, fax machines and several other telephone gears.
- Founder of Airtel, Sunil Mittal launched push button landline sets to get rid of old rotary phones in 1984.
- According to the reports, Airtel DTH (Direct-to-Home) service has more than 10 million users across the country till 2015.
- On 18 August 2011, Airtel launched 7-inch Android operating system based tablet in India through Beetel Teletech, Ltd., a unit of Bharti Airtel.
- Airtel won the best and most satisfactory customer service support award also. Customers can contact the officials of Airtel direct at the Airtel customer care email id.