YouTube is one of the most popular video hosting services, letting millions of users watch their favorite videos. Be it the latest celebrity news or a music album; you can watch almost any kind of video on YouTube. But what if you wish to save your favorite videos for later use?
There are a plenty of third-party software on the Internet that allow you to easily download videos from YouTube in a matter of seconds, that too for free. However, installing and using these software may require some knowledge on your part. And that’s why we’re here! Simply walk through this how-to article to know how you can download YouTube Downloader and use it to keep your video library updated.
Step 1: Download YouTube Downloader
First of all, download and install YouTube Downloader on your system. To do so, launch a web browser and type YTD Video Downloader in the search bar. Now, open any reliable link and click on the “Download Now” button. Once downloaded, YouTube Downloader should open automatically or you can open it from the Downloads folder on your system.
Step 2: Download Your Favorite YouTube Video
Launch YTD Video Downloader on your device and then open your web browser. Now, do the following:
- Open YouTube in your web browser and navigate to the video you’d want to save on your PC.
- Copy the URL address of the selected video from YouTube and paste it to YTD Video Downloader URL field under the Download
- YTD Video Downloader selects C:\Users\[yourname]\Documents as default location to save your video. If you want to change it, click on the “Save to” option and select your favorite directory.
- Now, click on the Download
Go to the Activity tab to see the current status of your downloading video. Depending on the quality and length of the video, it may take from seconds to hours.
Covert Your Saved YouTube Videos to MP3
If there’s a music video that you’ve downloaded, you’d want to convert it into an MP3 file. YTD Video Downloader helps you do that as well. Follow the steps below to convert a YouTube video to MP3:
- Go to the Convert Tab on YTD Video Downloader.
- Click Select the Video File and choose the video you wish to convert.
- If you want to change the default destination for your converted MP3 files, click Save to and choose your favorite location.
- You can also choose the conversion quality by clicking on the drop-down menu next to Conversion Quality.
- Now, click on the drop-down menu next to Convert Video to and select MPEG Audio Layer 3 (MP3) from the list.
- Now, click on the Convert Video Button at the bottom of the window.
It will take a couple of minutes for the YouTube video to convert into an MP3 file. Meanwhile, you can check the conversion status in the Activity area on YTD Video Downloader.