Computer networks have the capability of connecting multiple devices and network at the same time and same place. A home network provides Internet access that would have the ability to share printers and files safely without any threat of hacking and stealing data. Although the latest home networking technologies have been considerably advanced and also have become much easier for the user to use, it can pose challenges, helps in completing up the process of Extender Setup, etc.
Home network and the procedure of any setup often come with a lot of difficulties. But we have to show little bit concern and patience in order to troubleshoot against such brain teasers issues.
Have a look onto the below-given steps, in order to get rid of Home Network Problems
- What if your Network Won’t Reach Certain Areas of your House
In several homes, complaints come out that many home networks (wired or wireless) won’t reach all the required area of the house that a person acquires to access. Similarly, the home network can be improved if we combine the Range Extender Router with each other with the help of an Ethernet cable. You just have to plug in both the device. On the other hand, you are supposed to choose a suitable location for your devices i.e. neat, clean, and dry.
The range extender helps the range coming out of your main router in spreading its range all over the house and also provides you high-speed of the Internet to access without any interference of dead zones or poor connectivity areas.
- What if when your smart devices can’t see each other on the same Network
Once you have finished connected your range extender and router with each other, you can now grab your smart device (computer or laptop) to the extender with the help of an Ethernet cable and after that pull up a web browser onto that. Once open with the web browser and type into the field of the address bar. A page will display that will ask you to fill in the default login details, fill them all and proceed further.
- Slow and Steady Network
There are several reasons, where a home network may stop or not run fast as it deserves. Users get frustrated because they can’t access to the Internet, play games online, do video or live chat with those friends sitting far away from them, etc. To get rid of such reasons, you have to see whether your router is updated with the latest firmware or not. Range Extender Router Setup has been completed successfully or they are still in process. Is your modem physically connected with your router through an Ethernet cable or not. These are few little things that you have to keep in mind and that matters a lot to your slow home network connection.
- What if Network Connections Drop Unexpectedly
Well, this would be the most annoying thing ever if suddenly we found that our Internet is disconnected from the main network. What would be doing in that case? Should we throw those devices out that causes the least poor connection or get rid of the network that does not provide the range to every corner of the house? In that case, we would only like to suggest our valuable user that whenever you are on with any set of configuration or want your devices to be connected with each other and the home network all the time, and then you are supposed to follow some of the following:
- Turn off those devices that carry the same frequency, when your smart devices are in use.
- Make use of electronic gadgets, metal appliances only when you need them.
- Add additional antennas to your router and wireless repeater to your range extender, in order to destroy the barriers like walls, windows, Bluetooth devices, etc.
- Is your Network Secure?
Many users fear about their network. They are right on their path because in today’s world of threatening and hacking, we can’t trust anybody. They often suffer from lack of sufficient security that is a big risk to your privacy, which could be stolen and broken by intruders anytime. So, in that case, you have to follow a few secure steps:
- Setup Extender Router in private network only. Disable public WiFi during the procedure of setting up your devices with a network.
- Change SSID and password from default to something more strong and reliable.
- Do not build short and easy password that would be much easier to hack by anyone. Create longer filled with digits, numbers, and lack of dictionary words.
- Never share your password with anyone, until and unless they are trustworthy to you.
- Re-build your password through mywifiext if you realize that your password has been spread all over.
These are some valuable and secure steps if you follow and implement you will never face any difficulty in future. In case, you have still queries and questions left to ask, don’t hesitate to call our Netgear experts on a toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.